Abdominoplasty is a great procedure for patients who despite having reached the ideal body weight are troubled by the loose, excess skin, with stretch marks and laxity of the abdominal wall which may be due to pregnancy, massive weight loss, etc. The procedure tightens the excess skin, tightens the muscle thereby giving a flatter contour to the abdomen.
However, patients with abdominal fullness primarily due to intra abdominal fat will not be good candidates for abdominoplasty and will be asked to work on their diet and exercise.
If your daily routine efforts failed to transform your shape then the best option would be to go for TUMMY TUCK (Abdominoplasty).
The procedure is tailored to the individual need. It is determined by accurate analysis of the underlying muscle layer, fatty deposits and skin condition. The procedure may vary from a mini to full abdominoplasty with or without liposuction.
Depending on the requirement, it is broadly of three types:
MINIABDOMINOPLASTY(SHORT SCAR TECHNIQUE):
In this procedure, smaller incision is given over the pubic area to remove the extra fat from the lower portion of the abdomen after stretching the skin downwards.
EXTENDED ABDOMINOPLASTY ( LIPOABDOMINOPLASTY):
In this process, an incision is given from hip to hip, just top of the pubic area. Then a cut is made to release the navel portion from the covered skin, belly button repositioned and skin redraped.
In this, the incision goes around the trunk, allowing maximal soft tissue removal from abdomen, flanks, back and hips.
- The procedure starts with a mandatory preoperative consultation with a well trained plastic surgeon. The surgeon assesses the patient’s goals, overall health status and achievable outcomes. The past and present medical history, past surgeries, etc are noted. The possible risks and complications are explained.
- The patient is advised to quit smoking as it has a negative impact on healing and blood flow.
- The patient is given a list of medications to avoid like aspirin, anti inflammatory drugs, etc as they promote bleeding.
- The patient is given guidelines for eating and drinking before surgery as well as bathing instructions.
Once the patient decides for the procedure, there is a list of pre operative instructions to be followed, including a documentation of skin excess, a worksheet planning.
The procedure is usually done under general anaesthesia.
It involves an incision along your panty line, the length and the shape depending on your skin excess, mostly involves a long incision from hip bone to hip bone in skin fold.
In most cases of a full abdominoplasty, there is a second incision around the navel to tighten the skin and muscle above and relocate the navel to a new position.
Basically, involves the following steps:
- 1) Removal of excess skin and fat.
- 2) Tightening of the underlying rectus muscle including repair of hernia if present.
- 3) Repositioning the belly button and recreating it at a rejuvenated position.
- 4) Redraping the skin flap.
- 5) Liposuction may be used in conjunction with tummy tuck to contour the abdomen into the most aesthetically pleasing form.
- 1) Depending upon the extent of work to be done, the procedure takes 2-5 hours.
- 2) Dressing aor gauze are applied to you abdomen covered with a tape or elastic bandadge.
- 3) Pain medication is given including IV medication for the initial 24 hours.
- 4) The patient is nursed in a 30 degree position with pillows underneath the knees and back.
- 5) Ambulation is recommended within 4-6 hours or the next day depending upon the length and extent of the procedure.
- 6) The patient is given a list of post operative instructions to follow including the posture while walking, how to get up from the bed, etc.
- 7) A pressure garment is to be worn for minimum of 4 weeks.
Benefits observed after TUMMY TUCK
- 1) Tummy Tuck will give you a long term respite from that unwanted belly fat. Tummy tuck makes sure that you can enjoy your figure for as long as possible.
- 2) Tummy Tuck will help you to get rid of the pregnancy’s stretch marks or the ones you got from the excessive stretch in your skin.
- 3) Tummy Tuck helps in the ventral hernia/ abdominal wall laxity correction which is caused due to heavy weight loss, pregnancy or weak abdominal wall.
- 1) Avoid body bending activities like cleaning of the house, washing of clothes.
- 2) Don’t drive at least for a week.
- 3) Avoid heavy weight lifting. Also avoid lifting your child or pet at home.
- 4) Keep yourself away from alcohol, soda or thing which can cause a gastric problem to your body.
We at Cocoona Refine Aesthetic Clinic, Ludhiana specialise in Tummy Tuck and other body contouring procedures, providing the best solutions for abdominal contour problems. We also believe that women should have a perfect personality which can uplift her confidence and that nothing should prevent them from attaining that perfect figure. Tummy Tuck stands true for the men as well who have tried everything but still are troubled by a disproportionate abdomen.
Tummy Tuck,can give you a flat abdominal contour which you always wished to have. So get ready to enjoy the party at banquette hall as well as at the beach.