A beautiful smile on a beautiful face spreads magic all around. Be it morning, evening or any moment of the day, everyone gets delighted upon seeing a charming face. An unblemished face is always one of the boosting factors of an attractive personality. Getting a flawless face is often a tough task in today’s circumstances.
Arriving of puberty, pollution, injury and other unfavorable conditions mostly give way to uncalled for face problems which often leave behind hard to manage scars and marks. The biggest question that people come face to face with especially women is how to get rid of these nasty scars?
In an attempt to get a perfect face people are often found ready to apply any formula they come across to get rid of the scars. But generally these solutions are not able to provide 100% desirable results. The biggest misconception which then people start believing is that there is no solution that can correct their scars forever. Thanks to the advancements in cosmetic surgery to dodge this blunder Scar Correction is the ultimate solution for you.
What is Scar Correction Treatment?
Scar correction is an aesthetic treatment, in which scars are removed by some cosmetic surgery techniques either surgically or non surgically. Which technique would be best suited for a patient is decided after proper counseling and depending upon the anatomy of the patient.
Surgical Scar Correction Techniques
- 1) Excision: In this procedure, the cosmetic surgeon makes cuts into the skin to eliminate the portions with scars and then seals the wound with stitches.
- 2) Serial Excision: As the name suggests the surgeon has to perform a series of excisions to treat the affected area. This implies a number of small skin surgeries over time in multiple stages to correct the scars.
- 3) Skin Grafting: This process requires the transplantation of skin from one part of the body to the affected area. This one is for the extensive wounds and injuries. Transplanted skin is also called skin graft. Skin grafting is simply means replacing a defect in the skin, regardless of the reason of the defect.
- 4) Z-plasty: Z-plasty is a plastic surgery maneuver that is used to camouflage the scars by improving them aesthetically. This versatile technique usually breaks up the scars into multiple smaller units so that they become less noticeable. Thus, this advanced method improves the cosmetic condition of the scars or wounds.
- 1) Take proper care of the dressing and follow the instructions of the surgeon.
- 2) Sleep with your head raised for the first 48 hours, to help diminish facial swelling.
- 3) Don’t blow nose and dodge sneezing. If it is helpless to avoid sneezing, then sneeze with opened mouth.
- 4) Don’t bend your head down.
- 5) Avoid heavy weight lifting, straining, or strenuous activity for at least 2 weeks.
- 6) Avoid direct sun exposure. The patient can use sunscreen as suggested by the doctor after the removal of the dressing.
These are some major precautions which patients should take care of to avoid the chances of injury and infection.
Non-Surgical Scar Correction Techniques
- 1) Topical treatment: This process helps in closing of wounds and healing scars through the use of proper gels, tapes and outer compression. This procedure mainly helps in correcting discoloration and the uneven skin pigmentation.
- 2) Injectable treatments: Surgeon may use the dermal filler to pack depressed or concave scars. This treatment has got lasting results from a few months to several years depending upon the type of scars and the injectable filler the surgeon chooses to use for treating the scars.
3) Surface treatments: This one is the common treatment used to enhance the skin to remove scar pigmentation and skin imperfections. This process has some options like:
Dermabrasion: In this process, the surgeon uses the mechanical polishing technique to remove the scars.
Laser Therapy: This method helps to remove the present surface of the skin to allow the formation of new skin which lightens up the scars.
Chemical Peel Solution: This process helps to remove the scars through the use of certain acid solutions like trichloroacetic acid, phenol and others which penetrate the skin to change the surface and skin abnormalities.
There are some other skin bleaching products too which surgeons use to reduce the scars and lighten up the skin.
Final process involves the closure of the layer in case of certain scars. Layer closure helps to recover the area which has high movement.
- 1) The skin must be moisturized with topical cream or ointment as suggested by the cosmetic surgeon.
- 2) Keep your skin clean. Stay away from dust and avoid pollution.
- 3) Prevent your skin from the sun to keep the new skin healthy.
- 4) Avoid using any cosmetic products immediately after the treatment.
Benefits of the Scar Correction.
1) Amongst the many advantages of scar correction, primarily it helps in the enhancement of skin condition. This further improves the skin quality to get the good texture of the skin.
2) It improves the skin tone and renders good skin surface by removing the scar lines. Scar lines are quite noticeable and scar correction helps to correct them by developing surface smoothness.
There are more benefits which can be achieved through the surgery as per the patient’s desire.
We at Cocoona Refine Aesthetic Clinic help people to get rid of their scar problem by providing them the best treatment for scar correction. We counsel the patient rightly for the best technique suitable for their skin condition. With the best scar treatment facility in town, be prepared to face the world with better looks and greater confidence.