“Do you know the difference between a beautiful woman and a charming one? A beauty is a woman you notice, a charmer is one who notices you.” This quote by Adlai E. Stevenson describes the life of a woman’s beauty and appearance.
Women are very much concerned about their personality and figure and it is important they should be because they considered the symbol of beauty. But nowadays maintaining the figure is a difficult task and exertion time and again leads to body dullness. Most women face the question how to have a good figure while it often defines a good personality?
Having the perfect bust shape is every woman’s dream. But because of some health problems, genetic issues, weight reduction or pregnancy the proper shape of the breast gets severely affected. Due to this some women accept the improper bust shape as a reality and stop chasing their desire to have their ideal size. Some of the women also get disheartened and feel there is nothing that can correct their breast shape. But life is not unfair thanks to the advancements in cosmetic surgery which has ample opportunities to fulfill the desire to have a perfect breast shape and size again.
So, here is your chance to have good breasts by undergoing Breast Augmentation also known as Mammaplasty.
What is Breast Augmentation (Mammaplasty)?
Breast Augmentation, technically known as Augmentation Mammaplasty, is a surgical process of enhancing the size and the shape of a woman’s breasts by using implants/body fat. Breast augmentation helps to improve the volume of the breast to gain the desired shape and size.
One of the first steps for the surgeon is to determine whether you are a good candidate for breast augmentation or not.
Some women may seek breast augmentation( in combination with a lift) to restore volume loss due to pregnancy.
Weight loss can also change the shape and size of the breasts.
Another reason could be to equalise the size of the breasts in cases of asymmetry.
Most commonly, women just feel that the size of their breasts is too small.
The patient is explained about the limits of their anatomy, skin laxity, proportions, long term outcomes when deciding the size of the implants.
The surgeon helps the patient make intelligent decision regarding size, choice of incision for insertion of the implant, choice of location of the implant and type of implant. The size of nipple areola is noted.
We at Cocoona Refine give attention to detail to deliver optimal results.
Any asymmetry, where one breast is larger than the other, is noted and pointed out.
The patient is told about the procedural details. A thorough examination of the breasts is done, pre operative photographs taken and your medical history noted.
Any history of breast cancer in the family is documented.
The patient is advised to avoid certain medications which prolong bleeding.
Depending on the age, a mammogram may be recommended.
Any plan to have future pregnancy must be told to the surgeon as pregnancy can affect breast size, the surgon may also advise you to stabilise weight before undergoing the procedure.
Length of surgery is usually one to two hours.
Depending upon your medical condition, local anaesthesia with intravenous sedation or general anaesthesia is chosen.
The methods of positioning implants include subglandular placement( directly beneath the glandular tissue), submuscular (beneath the muscle), dual plane (partly beneath gland and partly beneath the muscle) and subfascial (beneath the pectoral fascia).
The surgeon discusses with the patient pre operatively and depending on the patient’s anatomy and desires and after considering advantages/disadvantages, decides upon the choice of location of the implant.
There are many options, inframammary incision which is located in or just above the crease of the breast is the most commonly used.
The other options are the periareolar (around the nipple) and transaxillary approach (using an endoscopic method of placement).
The biggest advantage of transaxillary approach is that the scar is well hidden and heals well. The endoscope provides magnification, clear visualisation and precision. The operation is best suited for those who require an increase in volume without much manipulation of muscle- breast parenchyma interface.
Everyone hopes for a perfect breast shape without much scarring. It is important for the surgeon to realise patient goals and for the patient to understand the advantages/disadvantages of all approaches.
- The patient is able to go home usually after a few hours unless discussed otherwise before or the medical condition of the patient warrants hospital admission.
- The patients experience lesser post op pain because of the gentler handling of tissues, creating a pocket with greater precision, thereby minimising trauma.
- Lifting of heavy weights and strenuous exercises, particularly arm movements are to be avoided for 3-4 weeks.
- The patient can shower within 2-3 days and is put on a sports/surgical bra which is to be continued for atleast 2 months.
- Care must be taken to be extremely gentle with your breasts for atleast a month.
SCAR: The scar is concealed in the dark area of the nipple, crease of the breast or the armpit. It is firm and pink for atleast 6 weeks.
Serious complications , while possible, are unlikely. Some potential complications can be avoided by carefully following the surgeon’s instructions.
In addition to the usual risks associated with anaesthesia, other risks include-
- Capsular contracture: The scar around the implant can contract months or several years later indicated by firmness or distortion. If the patient is troubled by this, treatment usually involve surgical removal of scar tissue and implant replacement.
- Nipple problems: Numbness or loss of sensation, usually temporary.
- Implant displacement: Implants can displace upwards, drop or rotate.
- Implant deflation: Saline implants can develop leak and deflate, not harmful; deflated implant is removed.
- A leak in silicon gel implant can be less detectible, treatment varies.
- Rippling: Liquid can move within the implant causing small ripples, resulting in unnatural appearance.
Some of the benefits of the Breast Augmentation are:
In addition to the usual risks associated with anaesthesia, other risks include-
- 1) It increases the protection and volume of the breast.
- 2) Helps to get rid of asymmetrical breasts. Get a proper symmetrical shape through breast augmentation.
- 3) It does not affect the ability of the breastfeed if it’s properly placed without damaging the nerves.
- 4) The additional benefit of mammaplasty is you can wear the clothes of your choice.
- 5) It boosts up the confidence to get yourself involved in social activities by enhancing your personality.
- 6) It will give you an attractive personality to grow up to the opportunities for those interested in glamour and wish to make a career out of it.
- 7) It helps to recover the damage caused due to injury.
- 8) It helps in keeping your sexual life healthy.
- 1) Avoid alcohol in your medication period.
- 2) Don’t sleep on your stomach at least for 6 weeks.
- 3) Avoid activities like jumping or any other activity which can cause bounce to your breast, because it can dislocate the stitches.
- 4) Take proper care of your wounds while bathing and dry the area properly.
- 5) Don’t lift your arm up at least for 2 weeks.
These are some precautions which you have to take care of after the surgery and follow the instructions of the surgeons rightly.
We at Cocoona Refine Aesthetic Clinic provide the best of what is available and guidance breast augmentation in Punjab.
Proper guidance, discussion and counselling is very important and is an intricate part of the surgery. It helps the patients to think wisely and calmly so that they should be satisfied with their decision. Cost can be modified depending upon the type of surgery patient will choose and the experience of the concerned surgeon. We always respect the decision and try to contribute in the best way by helping them in achieving the best results for their body so that they may achieve which they were unable to because of personality issues. Breast Augmentation will give you the chance to explore the world confidently with an awesome personality.