A good hair style has always been a confidence booster for everyone. When you want to go for a party or have to attend an occasion your hair style plays an important role to enhance your personality.
Sometimes, it is very depressing and disturbing that hair patches can be a real barrier for your looks. This shortfall of hair patchiness may often lead to lower confidence. Sometimes due to all those blotches your appearance may feel unacceptable even to yourself that it may highly upset you. Most difficult thing is to cover those unwanted patches.
There are endless solutions for this problem, but the best suited is PRP therapy which helps to get rid of hair patches conveniently.
What is PRP therapy?
PRP stands for Platelet Rich Plasma. As the name suggests, the therapy involves the use of platelets taken from the blood in stimulating the hair growth. The blood is processed so that only the required platelet-rich plasma remains and then it is injected into the scalp where the hair growth is restricted. PRP has essential protein and nutrients that stimulate the natural hair growth. Interestingly, this therapy is also known as Vampire Regrowth Plan in Britain.
PRP therapy is limited not only to hair regrowth but it has shown promising potential for conditions such as tendonitis, ligament sprains, arthritis, and tears. It simply means a treatment for your body through a natural healing process.
The process is quite simple and it takes not more than 1 hour to complete the process. It can be divided into four steps:
- 1. A medical professional will first take your blood for a sample. The amount of blood to be drawn depends upon on how much area the PRP will be injected. For instance, suppose the treatment covers 40 millimeters of the area at your scalp, it will require slightly more than 2 teaspoons of blood.
- 2. The blood is put into a centrifuge. It spins around very fast and causes the blood components to separate. It hardly takes 15 minutes to complete the process.
- 3. A professional will then prepare the injection from the separated plasma.
- 4. The doctor then injects the solution to the affected area.
It takes over a little more than one hour to complete the entire process.
When PRP is injected into the affected area, you doctor might recommend that you give rest to that area. However, this advice is more related in the cases of injuries. In PRP therapy, people can continue their daily routines without any inconvenience.
You may not see the result very fast as its main purpose is to stimulate the natural healing process. Thus, it may take time to show the results. However, after few weeks or months, the effects will certainly appear and you may observe that injected area is showing faster hair growth.
Benefits of the PRP therapy
- 1) Secure Method: It is one of the safest methods to resume natural hair growth. It reduces the risk of infections and allergy.
- 2) It will not cause any discomfort to the patient as platelets are extracted from patient’s body only under the local anesthesia.
- 3) Recovery is very quick. Patient can return to regular activities after the procedure quite swiftly.
- 4) Results are excellent with a high success rate.
- 5) It is a cost effective method.
- 1) Avoid shampooing your hair on the same day.
- 2) Avoid alcohol at least for a week.
- 3) Smoking is prohibited for 3-4 days.
- 4) Avoid consumption of blood thinning supplements at least for a week after the treatment such as a vitamin E, vitamin A, Garlic, Flax, Cod Liver Oil etc.
- 5) Try not to consume any pain killer to get rid of the pain.
Above are some precautions a patient should follow. Also keep in mind additional instructions as advised by the surgeon.
We at Refine Aesthetic Clinic provide the best PRP Therapy to our patients with proper guidance to achieve the desired results. PRP Therapy has been a great choice since last few years to bid farewell to hair patchiness. Patients who have gone through the PRP procedure at our clinic are satisfied with the results and appreciate their new and fresher looks.